Three Questions

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

MusicISLife

Post by MusicISLife » Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:24 am

I have two questions, can anyone please Answer them.

One:

I want to make a warm up for my band and I will like muliple exercises on one page instead of printer different ones.

Two:

How to a make a compressed rest-measure?

Three:

How do I make a A and B line, for like the A line is all Whole notes, and the second line is quarter notes, like a duet.

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:39 am

One:

Your question is a bit unclear. Please explain what you want, the steps you follow to get it, and what happens.

Two:

This is called a multimeasure rest. Do this:
Measure Tool. Select the empty measures (the measures must be truly empty).
Measure menu > Multimeasure Rests > Create

Three:

Use Layers.

Peter

chipzoller

Post by chipzoller » Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:44 pm

In response to your first question, I think you can accomplish this by simply locking X amount of measures into a system and space the systems on the page...or group systems into which exercises you wish.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:16 am

chipzoller wrote:In response to your first question, I think you can accomplish this by simply locking X amount of measures into a system and space the systems on the page...or group systems into which exercises you wish.
Chipzoller, I didn't understand you, sorry. Can you explain?

Also, Peter. I want like I want 4 different pieces of music, in different style and tempo on the same page, how can I do this?

MusicISLife

Post by MusicISLife » Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:17 am

Sorry, that was me as Guest, I forgot to log in, sorry everyone.

chipzoller

Post by chipzoller » Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:29 am

You want multiple "exercises" on a single page. You can do this by simply locking however many measures in each example into a system. Then space the systems on the page how you would like. Because what you are going for is the visual appearance when printed, correct? If that is the case then you need to aim for what it will look like when printed and you can do this by just separating the systems in the exericses. It would probably be a good idea to tell us exactly what kinds of exercises and any other details about them to assist you to the fullest extent in trying to accomplish your goals.

Best of luck,

Chip

MusicISLife

Post by MusicISLife » Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:17 am

How you do all of this Chip? Also, I want to put 5 warm ups on a page. So I can make a warm up for concert season. I really need help, I wanty to have this done by monday, please help!

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:24 am

What kind of exercises do you want done? You need to be very specific so I know how to help you.

E-mail me if you like.

Regards,

Chip

chipzoller

Post by chipzoller » Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:25 am

Sorry about that. The last reply was mine but I forgot to log-in.

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:30 am

I want 5 warm ups on one page, so they won't have to get out different pages form a simple 8 measure warm up. PLEASE HELP!

MusicISLife

Post by MusicISLife » Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:31 am

Sorry, that was me, forgot to log in ><