pasting whole pages from different project

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

gufiozy

Post by gufiozy » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:21 am

I am on Fonale 08 on PC.

I'd like to know how can I paste from another project whole pages with my notes.

Let's imagine I have now a piece with 3 pages and I wanna add
new 10 in front of those 3 from different project so those 3 become 11, 12 and 13th pages.

I hope once I know how to add those 10 at the start of the piece,
I would also now how to add just one page in the middle or at the end.

best regards

Arek

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.
Operating System: Mac

Post by michelp » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:42 pm

Assuming that all pieces share the staff number and order, select/copy the new measures, then in the other document, select the first measure and use the "Insert" command in the Edit menu.
If staves are arranged differently, you will have to do this staff by staff.
Now, when the measures have been inserted, you will have to re-do the layout of the whole piece again, I'm afraid.

To add a page in the middle of a piece :
In Finale, you don't actually add pages, but measures. Then you do your layout and distribute the measures in the pages.
For insertions : you have to select the measure after the Insertion point, then either use Insert (Edit menu) to paste existing material, or Insert measure stack (Edit menu) to insert blank measures.

Add pages at the end:
Simply add measures. Selection tool->Contextual menu->add measures or option-click on the Measure Tool (Mac). Maybe ctrl-click on PC ?

PS : There is also a merge function in recent versions of Finale, which you may want to look for in the manual.
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.5, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua

gufiozy

Post by gufiozy » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:27 am

that's what I actually do,
but I thought that maybe I can do it easier
anyway thank You for Your advices.

Arek