instrument names on every page

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

meestawombat

Post by meestawombat » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:24 am

I can't seem to figure out how to put instrument names on every page. Since my score has more than ten parts, it is sometimes very difficult to figure out which part corresponds to which instrument. How can I do this?

It also may help to note that I'm working on a score for someone else. When I add more parts, the instrument names do show up on all pages (as desired).

Thanks for any responses.
"To love and win is the best.
To love and lose, the next best."
-William Thackeray

I use Finale 2008

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.
Operating System: Mac

Post by michelp » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:25 am

I hope this is what you are looking for :
With the text tool/menu, create a text insert->Score/Part name. In the score, it will display as "score" or whatever is entered in the File->File Info window. In the parts, it will display the part name entered in staff attributes.
Select the handle of the text and via Text menu->Frame attributes, use the pop-up menu to "Attach to all pages".
(PS : I hope this is valid for PrintMusic. I have the "full" Finale)
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.5, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:39 pm

In PrintMusic, go to the Staff menu>edit staff attributes... Enter the staff name in the box for Abbr. Staff Name.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

meestawombat

Post by meestawombat » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:29 am

Thanks for both your responses. Miker hit in on the head. Have a great weekend to both of you.
"To love and win is the best.
To love and lose, the next best."
-William Thackeray

I use Finale 2008