Multi Track Synced Audio Output from Finale

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

danielschellmus
Finale Version: Finale 27.1
Operating System: Windows

Post by danielschellmus » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:06 pm

Finale 27.1 Windows
I tried to open a discussion on the problems of getting an output of synced separate - thus multi -audio tracks from Finale.
I posted in the Fermata timing dicussion but I had no answer.
If you de-activate Human Playing (HP), your separate tracks will be synced. They will all bravely follow the click and you can bring them to the studio.
Unfortunately , deactivating HP had the result that Fermata and Ral were just ignored. So mainly all tempo changes are ignored.
If you leave HP, tempo changes will be activated! Unfortunately not equally for different tracks! So tracks will not anymore be synchronised. In the studio, expect a real chaos, a difficulty I just met recording with live musicians trying to follow the click track.
I believe that it is very important to mix Finale Audio tracks with live tracks, and so we should have this problem fixed.
I know that Finale offers many parameters in the HP, but I could not find the adequate remedy.
I believe that the solution would be: Export/ Audio/ Multi Track / Synced . Finale would then export a number of chosen tracks but all with the same sync.
If that is implemented, then I would be happy to find the solution.
Best
Daniel Schell

Hector Pascal
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Mac

Post by Hector Pascal » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:17 pm

Hi Daniel,
Sometimes, I export individual tracks and then recompile in GarageBand using different effects for different tracks etc. I recognize the issue that you describe. My workaround is as follows:

To export single audio tracks (one at a time) and keep them in sync, make sure that you open the score manager/instrument setup window and turn down the volume numbers of all other tracks to zero, (except the one you want) then export the whole audio. Then repeat the process with every track. That way, the fermata and tempo stuff will be used yet you will only end up each time with the track that you desire. It's a bit fiddly, but it works for me!

Best of luck,
Cheerio,
Hector.

danielschellmus

Post by danielschellmus » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:27 am

Hi Hector
Well that's a brillant clever simple trick!
Thanks for having thought to that
And thanks for the help
Daniel

danielschellmus

Post by danielschellmus » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:09 am

Hi Hector again
I tried your solution,
unfortunately it didn't solve the problem
Turning volume on zero on the other tracks or exporting your track in SOLO does produce the same problem. The FERMATA and other TEMPO CHANGES are each time interpreted by FINALE in another way. So your various tracks will all have different tempo changes, and they will not be syncable when you input them in Studio.
A colleague told me that you have to turn off the HUMAN PLAYBACK
Or else replace the FERMATA by some added measures, keeping the tempo.
However the best solution happens to be to export at once, - in one only operation - as much different tracks that your soundcard allows.
I bought recently a MOTU with 8 outputs. In that case you export at once, all the 8 tracks with Human Playback. The tracks will then have the same tempo changes, as they were exported simultaneously.
SO I shall try and let you know.

RotaryTotem

Post by RotaryTotem » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:01 pm

This issue has caused my music project to come to a grinding halt.

I have several orchestral scores, all with dozens of separate instruments. I need a separate audio export for each instrument. My music includes many tempo changes, accel, ritard, and so forth. Tempo changes in Finale are interpreted by Human Playback separately for each pass.

So, when I export to separate files for each instrument, then combine them in a mixer (Pro Tools, Cubase, etc.) the instruments are out of sync after any tempo changes. If I turn off Human Playback, then my tempo alterations are not performed, which is obviously not acceptable.

Is there a workaround for this issue? This is a real show-stopper. I am using Finale 26.

danielschellmus

Post by danielschellmus » Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:19 pm

Hi
I am a bit confused now as this discussion appears on two different threads
Anyway:
My project was to mix some live Instruments, synced with three MIDI instruments from Finale: one plucked guitar, one plucked dubble bass and one drums/percussion map. ANd of course a click track. So I needed 4 tracks in order to sync with the real instruments.
With another composer we tried this
I have a MOTU soundcard with 8 outputs
SO I exported at ONCE - that means in one pass only - 8 MIDI tracks from FInale through the ARIA player.
Those 8 tracks included the 4 aforementioned needed tracks.
I imported then those MIDI tracks in CUBASe, and there we heard that they were indeed syncronised.
After that I had to redo the sounds in CUBASE, including the percussion map.
And the problem was solved.
Of course I had preferred that the output comes directly from Finale, but that was not possible as far as my knowledges were concerned.
Daniel

RotaryTotem

Post by RotaryTotem » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:22 am

Okay, I will post a different thread. Just joined so I didn't know the protocol.