Audio Units loading issues ONLY with NEW files

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

wlasoen
Finale Version: Finale 25 for Mac
Operating System: Mac

Post by wlasoen » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:28 pm

Few weeks ago I bought myself a brand new iMac.

So: a new installation of Finale, updates, and COMB, Garritan Concert- and Marching Band. I must say that COMB installs very difficult. I basically copied all the files I could find on my old Macbook Pro into exactly the analog location on the new iMac.
After a lot of experimenting (COMB is very unfriendly to install*) and (un)logical thinking, I tried to play a .mus file transferred from my Macbook. Plays Perfect!

But now the tricky, SAD part: using the set-up wizard, a template, the default document... neither of those loads my Garritan Aria Player! Not Instruments for Finale , not Concert - en Marchingband. Only SmartMusic instruments are to hear.

Starting a default document even comes up only with SmartMusic as possible sound bank in the Score Manager!

So, opening a slightly older file made on my Macbook Pro, I can hear all the sounds I want, but setting up a new file gives me 'bullocks' !
How on earth is this possible? Can anyone help me out?

(* when installing COMB some additional files need to be downloaded from the support page. Secondly, it is very important that the right files are installed into the right library. Some need to be put in HD/Library, some in 'user'/library. It is a real shame that such an expensive package is not installing properly by itself! Luckily I'm not entirely newbie on solving computer problems)
OSX El Capitan
iMac (27-inch, Late 2012)
3,4 GHz Intel Core i7 * 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1024 MB
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2TB SSD

Finale 25 with GPO5, GCOMB 2, IRCAM Solo Instruments
Smartscore X2 Pro
Logic Pro X