Finale recognizes my midi keyboard but can't hear it?

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

randylewis7
Finale Version: Finale 2012c PC
Operating System: Mac

Post by randylewis7 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:02 am

I am trying to use Finale 2012c (windows version) to transcribe music that I play on my midi keyboard into a song. Everything seems to be functioning properly, except for finale actually being able to hear the notes that I play. I tried using the hyperscribe tool, after making sure that the 'usb audio device' (which is my keyboard) was selected under the midi input set up, and although if I set it to record immediately, I can hear the metronome, finale doesn't put down any notes when I play, or when I'm done playing. Also, whenever I attempt to calibrate any of the settings based on midi input (for example, the tempo), finale doesn't respond to me playing any notes or to me pressing the pedal, or really doing anything on the keyboard. I can hear the sound coming out the keyboard, but nothing happens in finale. I've also tried to use the speedy entry tool to enter notes using some midi input, with the same result. Nothing happens when I hit the notes on the piano.

Anyone know what's wrong?

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4

Post by miker » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:22 am

Do you have Use MIDI Device for Input selected?
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

randylewis7
Finale Version: Finale 2012c PC

Post by randylewis7 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:57 am

Yeah I did thanks. Solved the problem though: had the input and output cables switched when plugging into my midi keyboard.