Clarinet Playback Issue

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

drummerboy120
Finale Version: 2014
Operating System: Mac

Post by drummerboy120 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:34 am

Hello everyone,

I am busy right now with a large performance piece in Finale 2014 (full) on my MacBook Pro. I needed a Clarinet in C as one of my instruments, so since there was no option for that in the instruments list, I chose the Bb, then went into "ScoreManager" when I created the document and changed keys there. After that was changed, the clarinet sound was still fine, and it blended with the rest of the instruments when played back in Garritan. I just went back into the ScoreManager to change the name of the clarinet so it would be seen as it is supposed to be, and then when I exited out of ScoreManager, I played the score in Garritan again and this time, only one section of the song had it where the clarinet overpowered the rest of the instruments, even when they all were at the same dynamic level. Anyone know how to fix this? I thought that by deleting the dynamic marking and re-placing it where it needed to be, that it would be fixed, but still it is louder in that one spot than any others.

I know this was a long post, but I wanted to be as detailed as I thought I could.

Thanks!

John Davis

(Mac computer)