Staves muted when audio units is selected

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

telechuncho
Finale Version: 25
Operating System: Mac

Post by telechuncho » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:40 pm

Hi.
Here is the problem. When i playback the song, some instrument gets muted if i select Play through audio units, but if i select play through midi, everything sounds as it should be. I want to export in audio so i can work it in protools, but it would be a lot better if i can export in audio unit than midi...

Hope you can help me.
Greetings from Chile

lauralynnwalsh
Finale Version: 2012.r3 Mac
Operating System: Mac

Post by lauralynnwalsh » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:42 am

This has been happening to me, too - relatively randomly. Just now, I tried selecting MIDI playback and then going back to playing through audio units and now those measures aren't muted. The other day, I tried copying the measures that weren't playing to a new instrument. Then I tried playing it again, and it played. I deleted the new instrument and the measures were playing again. I am not sure what the glitch is, but, for me, it has been relatively random - sometimes, the entire instrument won't play, sometimes the whole score, sometimes just a few measures for one instrument. Frustrating. One time, I was trying to play a piece for a class and all of the accompaniment to the singing voice was gone. Embarrassing.