Playback issue 2006

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Devo

Post by Devo » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:52 pm

Just installed 2006. Won't playback after a couple of uses. Gets screwed up when I press pause. I have to reboot to get it to work again. I get this message "one ore more midi devices not responding". Never had this problem with 2004. I have xp

marooncadets

Post by marooncadets » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:41 pm

Couple of things,
What does your midi setup say?
Have you registered finale? (says you just installed)
Have you tried the Windows Control panel and check your devices?
Have your tried the device manager in windows to see if a file is corrupted, maybe a driver?

Write back and let's see what happens?

Jim

bill holland

Post by bill holland » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:13 pm

I am having the exact same problem. I've checked everything mentioned and a few more besides!!! I also still have 2005 installed and it is working 100% on playback. I playback via MIDI through USB (I have for several years). I have also tried Garritan and it creates even more problems - even with a P4 2.8 mgh and 1MB RAM. I have been using Finale for many, many years and never had a problem with MIDI P/B or softsythnth playback. I have certainly come to the conclusion that something is WRONG in the Finale MIDI driver(s) of 2006. :cry: ]

The fact that other users are now complaining (I know of at least 2 other users in South Africa who have had exactly the same problem) seems to indicate a common denomiator.

Please HELP as it wastes time to exit and restart everytime I play back more than 4 or 5 times.

regards
Bill Holland
Always willing to help and be helped - I learn something new everyday!!!

compositore

Post by compositore » Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:35 pm

I installed Finale 2006a last night and hours later added the 2006b update.
First, it started playing older files rather strangly. It also does something strange to my USB MIDI port. As a result I can't enter a note using my MIDI keyboard. It also warns me constantly that I am running out of memory. How much RAM does this program use. I have 512MB. That seems an aweful lot to me. I wish I could just return this software and get my money back.