Garratin Steinway has no audio

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Al Fine
Finale Version: Finale 25.2.0.79
Operating System: Mac

Post by Al Fine » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:14 pm

Hello all, am using an imac and Final 25. I've been wanting to change my Synth piano instrument choice to the Garritan Steinway option, and found what seems the way to do so. However, when I use Playback, the scroll bar moves through the score, but there is no audio. Here are the steps I went through: Midi/Audio; Play Finale through Audio Units; Score Manager (where I selected the Garritan Steinway); Audio unit banks/effects (where Bank2 showed Aria Player); Clicked on the pencil icon which produced the Aria Player pop-up; Chose 1. Steinway--import--my piece into which I wanted to import.

After the last step, I got another pop-up telling me that, "Nothing registered to read files with extension musx". I then tried the Steinway Finale Default option, which gave me a pop-up which read, "Error slot 0, no sound asset loaded", followed by a long "not found" list.

Thanks in advance for any help you can render!

zuill
Finale Version: Finale 2011-v26.3.1
Operating System: Windows

Post by zuill » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:22 pm

What happens if you use the more automated method: Reassign Playback Sounds?

Zuill
Windows 10, Finale 2011-v26.3.1
"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Al Fine

Post by Al Fine » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:28 pm

When I "reassign sounds", it removes the Garratin Steinway, reverts to the synth piano.

Al Fine

Post by Al Fine » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:35 pm

I'll add, that if I choose an option in the Audio bank other than Aria, it gives me audio during playback, but not the Steinway piano.