Balancing volumes in mp3 files

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

WFW
Finale Version: 25.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by WFW » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:17 am

Using Finale 25.5 on Windows

Hello folks.

Up until recently I have been using Finale 2009c. One of the things I used it for was to create mp3 files to help choir members learn their individual parts. To do this I would create basic scores and then create an mp3 with the part to be learnt allocated an organ sound, at a higher volume to the other parts, which were allocated a piano sound. To do this I would use MIDI/Audio menu – Instrument setup - Instrument list and adjust the volumes accordingly.

I have recently acquired Finale 25.5. When I try to do the same thing I now find that the volumes on the mp3 are not what I am hearing when I play the piece back on Finale. I just cannot get the highlighted line loud enough compared to the others.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a work around or am I not doing something correctly in the new version. I hope you can help me.

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:50 pm

I balance sounds with the Mixer, and have never had this problem. You might also want to use the fader controls to put the primary voice to one side, and the secondary voices to the other.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society