increased playback dynamic for part edited with speedy entry

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

clowdern
Finale Version: Finale 25.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by clowdern » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:48 pm

When I use speedy entry to make changes to a part, the volume of playback for that part is increased - although the volume setting for the part in Score Manager stays the same. To get the edited part to play back at the correct volume, I have to edit some other part (sometimes I even create a waste-staff specifically so I can make edits there so that the waste-staff gets afflicted by the increased volume). Does anyone know what is causing the increased volume for the playback of the edited part? Is this is a bug or some feature whose controls are buried where I can't find them? Thanks.

zuill
Finale Version: Finale 2011-v26.3.1

Post by zuill » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:11 pm

Is this with all files? We might need to see a sample of the score you are creating so we can see what might be going on. Since I've not seen this behavior, I'm guessing there might be something unique to how you're setting things up.

Zuill
Windows 10, Finale 2011-v26.3.1
"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

clowdern
Finale Version: Finale 25.5

Post by clowdern » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:46 pm

Yes, the problem occurs with all files. I verified in the attached file that the problem is occurring as I described. The play back is going through Aria Player v1.872 and using Garritan Personal Orchestra 5. If you are unable to duplicate the problem, might that indicate an issue with Aria Player?

zuill
Finale Version: Finale 2011-v26.3.1

Post by zuill » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:03 pm

Since I don't have GPO 5, I can't be of help. Someone who does might be able to test the file. Sorry.

Zuill
Windows 10, Finale 2011-v26.3.1
"When all is said and done, more is said than done."