Issue with Virtual Instruments (Finale v 26, Mac)

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

guavafan1000
Finale Version: v26
Operating System: Mac

Post by guavafan1000 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:18 am

Hi,
After using MuseScore for the last year or so, today I decided to invest in Finale. However, whenever I try to create a score, a window always pops up saying "The requested virtual instrument plugin could not be found". I tried following the steps listed here: /https://makemusic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ ... for-Finale to remedy the issue but it did not work. The Garritan instruments are definitely downloaded on my computer because I see a folder of them but they do not seem to be connecting to Finale. Starting to feel like I just wasted my money on something that does even less than the free software I was using prior. Can anybody help?

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4

Post by Peter Thomsen » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:20 pm

guavafan1000 wrote:… The Garritan instruments are definitely downloaded on my computer because I see a folder of them …
There are two installer programs: one for installing Finale, and one for installing Garritan.

Did you only download the Garritan instruments, or did you also run the Garritan installer?
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996

guavafan1000
Finale Version: v26

Post by guavafan1000 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:53 pm

Hi, thanks for your reply. So I have the ARIA player downloaded and I found a Garritan installer online, but whenever I use it, it keeps saying "cannot find compressed files".

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4

Post by Peter Thomsen » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:14 pm

guavafan1000 wrote:… I found a Garritan installer online …
Finale comes with the two installer programs you need:
an installer for Finale, and an installer for Garritan.

You should use the Garritan installer that comes with Finale.

By The Way:
Finale does not come with the “full Garritan”, but rather with a reduced set of Garritan instruments.
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996