Playback interruptions on note entry

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

barriewe

Post by barriewe » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:24 pm

Using Finale 2006c on an XP. Consistent problem, though it appears to be random. I never know when playback will be interrupted. While making note entry from the keyboard, I should hear the entries and be able to play them back using either the playback arrows on the menu or isolated by using ctrl+space or ctrl+space+shift Without warning or any apparent consistency, sound reproduction ceases and will not resume. I save my work, exit the program, call it up again, and the sound works (usually). Sometimes it ceases within minutes. Other times, it works for 10-15 minutes. Sometimes, when sound reproduction ceases, there will be erratic playback sounds when I operate certain keys - no consistent pattern, though. When this happens, sound reproduction (save alerts, etc.) continues to function. Using softsynth sound font. Has anyone else experienced this? How do we isolate a problem which appears to occur randomly? I would appreciate any ideas. I am trying to understand the logic of what is happening. This has been a problem for each version of 2006 (a, b, c). Thanks!
Barrie Wells

timpanist

Post by timpanist » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:33 pm

I am having the SAME problems as well. Mentioned in the forum and even sent an e-mail to makemusic and still have no answer. I hope someone out there can gives us a fix!!!!!

crig

Post by crig » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:58 am

I've had that problem also. I go to midi, uncheck and then recheck 32- bit midi driver and everything works again. Why it does that I haven't a clue. I was just grasping at straws one night
crig