Rit. and Accel. don't work on playback of one file

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

tdlucas
Finale Version: Finale 2014 v27.0
Operating System: Windows

Post by tdlucas » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:43 am

All my other files work fine. I changed the Ambience setting to Concert Hall 1. Could that be the problem? How to I fix it?

bytemiser01
Finale Version: 26.2.2

Post by bytemiser01 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:17 pm

Hello tdlucas,
I too was having this problem with a particular spot in one of my pieces. I duplicated the problem on a test score. For me, the problem was the use of a fermata in the measure preceding the accel. If I started the accel on the first beat after the fermata measure, the playback did not recognize the accel. It simply took the new designated tempo at the end of the accel when the playback reached that measure. However, if I moved the accel to a later beat in the first measure, it worked!
Perhaps there are other conditions that can generate this anomaly, but this was the problem and solution for me.
Jim

zuill
Finale Version: Finale 2011-v26.3.1

Post by zuill » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:28 pm

One method I use to see How HP is reacting to various tempo alteration expressions is to Apply Human Playback in the MIDI Menu. Once it is hard-wired into the document, I then study the MIDI data know what to expect with HP in real time. As undoing this might not be perfect, I might make a duplicate file to do this testing.

Zuill
Windows 10, Finale 2011-v26.3.1
"When all is said and done, more is said than done."