Pedal Markings don't work. (in playback)

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

jotter
Finale Version: Finale v25.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by jotter » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:36 am

Hi there, I'm running into issues with a vibraphone not wanting to recognize and playback at all. I know that Finale defaults (on all percussion unfortunately) to basically play the exact note value, regardless of what the instrument really does - but that's mostly besides the point here. So, for instance I write a whole note, it plays it the right value on a vibraphone, half note, etc, easy peasy, don't even need to write the "ped" marking of your choosing. However, I've written some 16th note passages that I am trying to get playback to understand to pedal and let it all ring together as it repeats over and over, but it will not play anything but the single pitches one at a time. I've gone through the "help" center on MM to no avail thus far either, and I've even switched the instrument to a Piano so that it would maybe have a better time understanding how to apply this 21st century concept.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Edit: also forgot to mention I've switched around with GPO 5, SoftSynth, and Garritan for Finale (etc) and nothing changed.