Need help setting up playback of Garritan instruments

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Djard
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Windows

Post by Djard » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:22 pm

I recently upgraded from 32-bit Finale v2012 to the latest version because playback through VST was unstable. I uninstalled v2012 and purged the registry of its footprints before performing a fresh install of Finale v26 (x64).

Playback through MIDI still works, but I cannot get playback of any file that is set to play Garritan instruments through VST, even after converting documents from *.mus to the *.musx format.

Assigning the next available channel in Score Manager no longer works. I rescanned for VST plug-ins and made sure all the faders are up to 100% in the mixer and VST Banks & Effects window.

I suspect the new version is having difficulty with SFZ file import. Attached is the ARIA PLayer Error notification I get when clicking on the edit button, just right of "ARIA Player" in Bank 1 of the "VST Banks & Effects" window.

Anybody know what else I might try?

oldmkvi
Finale Version: 25
Operating System: Mac

Post by oldmkvi » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:51 pm

On one Finale Upgrade, I had to re-do the installation with Just the Garritan/Aria stuff, it didn't load the first time.
That's all I have to offer...

Djard
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Windows

Post by Djard » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:49 pm

That did the trick. Thanks for responding. Hope your next composition becomes a historic success!