Audio and visual playback issues

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

dillydingdong
Finale Version: v26
Operating System: Mac

Post by dillydingdong » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:35 am

I've been using finale for a while now but only recently has it began to have issues with playback. the issues started first when I couldn't get any sound out of the program. I thought maybe my computer was the issue but it played youtube videos and other audio fine. I don't know what I did but I sort of fixed that issue. Now the sound will play sometimes. Other times it will be replaced by a static noise, and occasionally, it won't play any sound, and then suddenly it will just play all notes at once. I'm sure you could imagine my frustration. Another issue that goes along with this is the playback controls visual glitches. No matter what the tempo of the song is, the audio (if it plays) will play the normal tempo but the scroller and the time at the top of the playback controls will move extra fast. Like the time passing will move at least 5 "seconds" per second. so when the audio is on measure 3, the playback is on measure 18 or something like that. Ive been looking through different forums and advice pages to see if anyone else had a similar issue, and it seems either I didn't look hard enough or no one did. I tried taking advice for other audio issues, like making sure MIDI Thru was selected but it didn't help. I deleted the program today and redownloaded it, and unfortunately the problem persists. I'm hoping that by making this post someone could help me out with these issues. I've gone through every window and file related to playback and audio to see if something was off but I just can't seem to solve this problem on my own. Any advice and help is GREATLY appreciated

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.

Post by michelp » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:53 am

Your profile doesn't mention which version of MacOs you use. Finale 26 requires 10.12 (Sierra) at the minimum.
P.S. : have you tried to restart the Mac ?
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.4, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua

jthopson
Finale Version: Finale 26

Post by jthopson » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:22 am

I am encountering this exact same issue with Finale 26. I'm running OSX Catalina on a 2013 MacBook Pro 13". Have uninstalled/reinstalled Finale, Garritan, and Aria Player to no effect. Any help will be much appreciated!

dillydingdong
Finale Version: v26

Post by dillydingdong » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:29 am

michelp wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:53 am
Your profile doesn't mention which version of MacOs you use. Finale 26 requires 10.12 (Sierra) at the minimum.
P.S. : have you tried to restart the Mac ?
I'm running 10.14.6 Mojave

And yes I’ve restarted the mac