Human Playback Xsample Contemporary Solo Strings

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

giwro
Finale Version: 25
Operating System: Mac

Post by giwro » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:05 pm

I've recently purchased the Xsample Contemporary Solo Strings, and understand that they can be used with Finale Human Playback...

However, either I'm exceptionally dense, or I'm looking in the wrong place - I can t seem to find clear instructions from Xsample on how to do it... there are files, and cryptic information, but nothing that seems to spell things out in a clear and understandable way...

I've seen screencasts on the Xsample YouTube channel of their libraries working in Finale, so I know it's possible... and it sounds GOOD!

But, I think perhaps they do themselves a disservice by not having better instructions. I know several folks here use Xsample libs, too, so I hope someone can chime in and point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

Jonathan
Jonathan Orwig
Twin Cities Area, Minneapolis, MN
Finale 25
http://www.evensongmusic.net

Michel R E
Finale Version: Finale 2012, 25, 26
Operating System: Windows

Post by Michel R E » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:30 am

if it's anything like the older XSamples library, there's a Finale file that comes with the library and that is set up already with the instrument preferences.
normally you'd load that file, make it play (just so HumanPlayback sees it) and those preferences would get added to Finale. At least, that's what I remember from the 1st time I installed it.

I love the Xsamples strings, and really wanted to buy the updated ones, but honestly, the poor customer service (they are SO slow to respond to questions) has sort of turned me off to buying the product.
User of Finale since version 3.0 on Windows.
Now using a mix of Finale 2012, Finale 25, and 26.1
GPO, Garritan Solo Stradivari violin, Gofriller Solo Cello.
XSamples Chamber Ensemble.
Absolute convert to NotePerformer3.

Jetcopy
Finale Version: Finale 2012, 25, 26
Operating System: Mac

Post by Jetcopy » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:32 am

Going to the Xsample website, then the "download" page, I don't see any mention of Finale under the Contemporary Solo Strings. There is a Finale Human Playback Preference file under notation tools, but it doesn't specifically mention what library that covers. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Staccatissimo
Finale Version: 2014
Operating System: Windows

Post by Staccatissimo » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:26 pm

You need to use the Notation Tool Multi Script (available at the Xsample download page).
This is necessary for the elastic patches (extended scripting) and the Contemporary Libraries.
I think there are also preconfigured notation multis for the contemporary solo strings available.