Version 26 scrolling playback bug

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

JosephMarcello
Finale Version: 26
Operating System: Windows

Post by JosephMarcello » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:46 pm

Finale Friends,

After years of contentment with Finale 25 & updates, immediately upon installing the Black Friday purchase update of v. 26, the scrolling playback function consistently lags 4 measures behind the actual music.

Buffer size changes, etc., do nothing to remedy - but unless I - or Finale - can, it's refund & return to 25.

Any solutions in all those fertile minds out there?

Thanks,

JM[

zuill
Finale Version: Finale 2011-v26.3.1
Operating System: Windows

Post by zuill » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:14 pm

When that happens, first I try Reload MIDI Driver. Failing that, I close and reopen Finale.

Zuill

P.S.: If I'm working on something new before I save it, I have to save it first before I close and reopen. A bit of a pain, especially if it is just something I really didn't intend to save. Also, I've noticed that sometimes playback volume adjustments are not recognized until closing and reopening Finale. Since I didn't have these problems in windows 7 before upgrading to Windows 10, I believe it is more of a windows thing than a Finale thing. In earlier versions of Finale, with Windows 7, I even had problems with playback (no scroll and no sound) which required rebooting Windows to fix. v26 in Win 10 has not needed that, so that's an improvement
Windows 10, Finale 2011-v26.3.1
"When all is said and done, more is said than done."