Human playback freezes after V27 upgrade

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

dzeigler
Finale Version: Finale 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by dzeigler » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:13 pm

After upgrading to V27 today, I am unable to use human playback. The green arrow head freezes at the first note. This feature was working fine a few hours ago with V26; I've made no other changes to my computer. Yes, I've restarted the computer as well as restarting Finale several times. The problem shows up in every .musx file I've tried, including the tutorial files that came with the software as well as my own compositions (that were working with V26 as recently as this morning). I've tried, without success, both VST and MIDI playback. I've tried all three driver options. Sound is working fine with other applications. Any help would be great!

Finale 27.0.0.708
Windows 10 Home

Djard
Finale Version: Finale 26

Post by Djard » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:53 pm

I experienced a similar problem in v26. What worked for me was selecting a custom HP setting. I am not sure if reassigning the playback sounds helped, but I did that also.

Are you working with a document created in an earlier version of Finale? If so, you may firstly need to export it as a MusicXML then save it back to musx to clear some of the incompatible format. The latter is messy as many of the articulations and expressions get scattered.

makblv
Finale Version: 27

Post by makblv » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:38 pm

I upgraded to 27 this morning. Now, whenever I playback a section I have written, the program hangs for about 5 seconds after I click stop. Everything was fine before that. UPDATE: I have now noticed that the problem goes away if I close the mixer window.
Last edited by makblv on Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Djard

Post by Djard » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:19 am

Did you load a library file, saved in your previous version?

makblv
Finale Version: 27

Post by makblv » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:34 pm

Not intentionally save a library file in a previous version. Admittedly, I'm not a highly technical user of the program.

Djard

Post by Djard » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:37 am

Save your document then exit Finale. For good measure, shut down your computer also and restart. Exiting Finale and re-opening the document fixes about half of all issues.