When Finale is opened, computer videos say "Audio Render Error".

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

ocdrums12
Finale Version: Finale 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by ocdrums12 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:47 am

I re-downloaded Finale after saving memory on my laptop for a while. I bought the Finale 27 upgrade. When I first downloaded it, I also input the GPO5 soundset to it. It all looked and sounded great yesterday. Today, I opened it up and it was fine, until I minimized and then opened up a YouTube video while the score was in the background. The video wouldn't play, and YT said "audio render error, please restart your computer". So I closed Finale, and YouTube was fine. I opened Finale again, same thing happened.

Windows 10; Setup: ASIO driver; Mic Source: Realtek ASIO; Channel 1-2; Output Source: Realtek ASIO.

When I try DirectSound or WASAPI, the playback doesn't start and green line doesn't move at all when pressing Play. This happens with GPO5 and Garritan Instruments for Finale.

Side note: Trills aren't playing back either with SmartShape or the articulation tools!

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27
Operating System: Windows

Post by motet » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:56 am

Standard ASIO can only handle on program open using it at a time. There are alternative drivers that solve the problem, or you can try a different audio driver.

oldmkvi
Finale Version: 25
Operating System: Mac

Post by oldmkvi » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:41 pm

Restarting Finale isn't the same as restarting the computer.
I get that message once in a while.
Restarting the computer fixes it for me, F25/Mac.