Independent playback dynamics piano Grand Staff

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

David Ward
Finale Version: F 25.5 & 26.3
Operating System: Mac

Post by David Ward » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:57 pm

What is the simplest way to have independent playback dynamics on the two halves of a piano grand staff - but only sometimes?

I seem to remember that if in the Score Manager each stave is given its own channel, that makes their dynamics independent. However, if much of the time one doesn't require this independence, but there are still a lot of dynamic changes, would the most effective way to deal with that be to have hidden dynamics that are for playback only? Or might there be some way of changing between the two - the independence and the dependence - quickly and easily as and when required? (A Staff Style perhaps?)

Is there any way to have independent playback dynamics within a stave? Should different channels for different layers allow that? Can one easily apply different dynamics to different layers on the one stave?

It would not be worth my while to go to enormous lengths to achieve this: I think of playback as a bonus rather than a necessity.
Finale 25.5 & 26.3
Mac 10.13.6 & 10.14.6

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27
Operating System: Windows

Post by motet » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:33 pm

You can do a channel change with an expression (textless). You could change the volume, too. I don't know how that plays with Human Playback, though.