Marimba grace note playback bug?

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

heinzfan
Finale Version: 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by heinzfan » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:58 am

I was doing a playback midi file for a friend. One of the instruments – a marimba – does not play grace notes at the correct pitch. Garritan (and even my Vienna Symphony sample as well) only play the grace note at the same pitch as the successor note.
If I created a blank staff without naming it, the sample(s) would play correctly. Type “marimba” into the instrument name and it wouldn’t. Erase the name or write some other name and it was okay. This correction doesn't work if you add the instrument and select "Marimba" in the “Instrument” column – even erasing the name didn’t correct the problem.
I tested this in both Finale 27 and 26 and the behavior was the same. I sent a description of the issue to MakeMusic, including the attached file.
Marimba.musx
(106.55 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
Finale 27, Windows 10, VST: Vienna Instruments/Ensemble/Synchron, Cubase, Kontakt 5

heinzfan
Finale Version: 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by heinzfan » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:11 pm

Received the following from MakeMusic: "Thanks for contacting MakeMusic Customer Support and thank you for bringing this bug to our attention! I have reported this to our developers and will let you know once I hear of any updates!

In the meantime, I was also able to recreate the workaround that you found by creating a blank staff and setting the sound to Marimba, in which the grace notes play properly!"
Finale 27, Windows 10, VST: Vienna Instruments/Ensemble/Synchron, Cubase, Kontakt 5