NotePerformer refuses to change sounds from the score manager

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Drew
Finale Version: 27
Operating System: Mac

Post by Drew » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:49 am

I am trying to change NotePerformer's sounds on the Score Manager. I have a test document with just strings, where I have one string staff per corresponding NP patch. When I set each NP patch do a different one, it refuses to change the sound; it only sticks with the default sound that it was assigned when the document was created. It also refuses to change once NP assigns the sounds when I switch from Garritan to NP.

For instance, I had a score where I was trying to hear it with NP. I must have created the score with the solo string staves, because NP refuses to play any patch except the solo strings patch. Likewise, on the test document, each staff was selected as the section strings, so NP will only play back the section strings patches. It also will continue to play back as section strings even when I change the sound to something completely different, such as a trumpet.

I am positive the the score manager is showing the NP sounds and not anything else.

MikeHalloran

Post by MikeHalloran » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:14 am

Drew wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:49 am
I am trying to change NotePerformer's sounds on the Score Manager. I have a test document with just strings, where I have one string staff per corresponding NP patch. When I set each NP patch do a different one, it refuses to change the sound; it only sticks with the default sound that it was assigned when the document was created. It also refuses to change once NP assigns the sounds when I switch from Garritan to NP.

For instance, I had a score where I was trying to hear it with NP. I must have created the score with the solo string staves, because NP refuses to play any patch except the solo strings patch. Likewise, on the test document, each staff was selected as the section strings, so NP will only play back the section strings patches. It also will continue to play back as section strings even when I change the sound to something completely different, such as a trumpet.

I am positive the the score manager is showing the NP sounds and not anything else.
You have to follow the NP directions exactly and they're not intuitive.

https://www.noteperformer.com/media/Not ... 0Guide.pdf

If it still doesn't work, you might not have it installed correctly — it wasn't on my Mac. I have some notes from Finale Support somewhere that helped get me straight on this. I'll find them and post.
Mike Halloran

Finale 27.4.1, SmartScore X2 Pro, GPO5 & World Instruments
MacOS Ventura 14.5 (public beta); 2023 Studio M2 Ultra, 192G RAM, 8TB; 2021 MBAir M1
NotePerformer4, Dorico 5, Overture, Notion 6, DP 11, Logic Pro

Drew

Post by Drew » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:19 am

The guide says to do "Reassign playback sounds" after making changes. But when I do that, it just reverts everything on the Score Manager to the default patches that NP originally loaded. It also changes any Garritan patches back into NotePerformer patches, which is a pain if I want to use both on the same score.

Drew

Post by Drew » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:25 am

I think I got it figured out. It wanted me to change the sounds from the NP plugin directly instead of the Score Manager.