Note Performer lost with update to Finale 27.2

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Yankele 004
Finale Version: Finale 27
Operating System: Mac

Post by Yankele 004 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:20 pm

Hi fellow Forum members. I'm new here and I was hoping I might be able to get some advice with regards to a problem I encountered when I downloaded Finale 27.2 three days ago. I suddenly lost my playback sound and I got pop-ups telling me that the programme (Finale 27.2) was unable to find the sounds that my files were asking for. Apparently Note Performer had disappeared when I had carried out the download. Since then, I have not been able to locate it in my files. I've re-installed it several times but it never shows up in the MIDI/Audio Banks or anywhere at all. The technician from Wallander mentioned that I should open Finale in Rosetta Stone to fix this but I don't know how. Also I don't see why it should be necessary all of a sudden with the new update. I have since switched back to Finale 27 reluctantly as a lot of the bug fixes would have been great in the new version. Even after re-installing the earlier version I can still not find Note Performer anywhere. My computer is MacBook M1, Monterey and I bought Finale 27 in autumn. I have written to Finale's customer support and they replied, hence I was able at least to get Finale working again. The customer support for Finale and Wallander seem to just work limited office hours on weekdays.
Thanks in anticipation.

BuonTempi
Finale Version: Finale 27
Operating System: Mac

Post by BuonTempi » Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:26 pm

Yankele 004 wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:20 pm
I've re-installed it several times but it never shows up
Pro Tip: Try re-installing once. If that doesn't do it, then it's not the installation that's the problem.
Yankele 004 wrote:
The technician from Wallander mentioned that I should open Finale in Rosetta Stone to fix this but I don't know how.
Click on the Finale.app in the /Applications folder. Then press Command I or Get Info from the File menu. You'll see a checkbox that says "Open in Rosetta".
Yankele 004 wrote:
Also I don't see why it should be necessary all of a sudden with the new update.
The new Finale update contains two types of computer code: either Intel code for Intel CPUs, or ARM code for Apple's new M1 CPUs. The new Macs can run either type of code; however, an application and the plug-ins it uses must run as the same code type.

NotePerformer is still Intel only, so to use NP with Finale 27.2, the application must run its Intel code, which the Mac can 'emulate' using Rosetta.

Finale 27.2 is the first update to have both types of code: Finale 27.1 and earlier are Intel only, so the problem never arose.