Are Rall. and Rit, modifiable?

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Djard
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Windows

Post by Djard » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:51 pm

I have HP enabled and am able to get Finale to gradually slow down playback of a section by inserting a rall. expression, but I would like the rate of gradually slowing to be more dramatic. I tried a number of shapes and edited one in the Executable Shape Designer, trying a variety of settings; but the tempo change remains the same, regardless of what parameters I set for the "Time Scale" and "Level Scale." I found the information in the manual non-applicable. Is there a way to make a rall. or rit. expression slow down the tempo at a greater rate?

Rall.jpg

Eggsalad
Finale Version: 27
Operating System: Mac

Post by Eggsalad » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:03 pm

In Preferences > Human Playback > MIDI Data > Tempo, try ...Incorporate Data or another option.

Or, maybe HP is incompatible with executable shapes for tempo changes.

I've been able to adjust tempo changes with executable shapes, although it's very arcane, but with HP off.

Djard

Post by Djard » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:17 am

Thanks for offering to lend a hand. I figure the document became corrupted because I can edit the expression is a new document. Adding a hidden tempo mark where I want the rall. to end solved the problem. Using the laborious Tempo Tap also works. Finale is soooo fragile.

oldmkvi
Finale Version: 25
Operating System: Mac

Post by oldmkvi » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:30 pm

I just add extra rits here and there until I get what I want.
You could specify Tempo Markings that get smaller too, but I haven't needed to.

Djard

Post by Djard » Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:17 am

Thanks. I have used hidden tempo markers in the past. Sooner or later, MakeMusic will stabilize Finale. Looks like Tempo Tap is the quickest solution.