Finale Files Unable To Open Unless Connected to Interface

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

DoComputersWork
Finale Version: V25.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by DoComputersWork » Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:14 pm

Hello all,
I was using finale as normal connected to speakers via usb to aux connection. I bought an audio interface (ScarlettSolo) and plugged everything in through that. Everything opened and saved just fine. Worked great.

Brought the file to my lesson and I am not able to open it unless connected to the Scarlett, save it as a Finale 2012 file, XML file, and my professor is unable to open it.

When opening the file, it looks like below. Any suggestions? Thankfully, I am able to access and open the old file and was able to open the edited version briefly to take some screenshots. I'll update the old file (which will take a while), but I'm hoping to avoid this issue in the future. Any clarification on what's going on would be most helpful.

-G
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Frozen on this screen

Djard
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Windows

Post by Djard » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:58 pm

Sounds like the document is seeking the Focusrite device when opening on another system. Since Finale documents are small, you could keep a copy that does not depend on the external interface for use elsewhere. Try going into MIDI/Audio -> Device Setup -> and use the settings that you have in other documents that are not configured to utilize the Scarlet interface. I believe each document has its own format.