Exported AIFFs Out of Sync (even with Applied HP)

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

ChrisBandy
Finale Version: 26.2.2.493
Operating System: Mac

Post by ChrisBandy » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:44 am

Hello, I exported 6 AIFFs (one for each string instrument) from a string sextet project. But when I drag them into Logic or even Final Cut, they are not in sync—although all the AIFFs are the same length, the Violin I starts out in sync with the others but gets out of sync somewhere along the way. I tried applying Standard HP but that didn’t help; the exported AIFFs still get out of sync. I have even removed all non-specific tempo markings (rit, accel, fermati, etc.). The only tempo markings are BPM values.

Note: Having no HP is not an option for me since I'm using NotePerformer and need to make a high-quality demo.

heinzfan
Finale Version: 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by heinzfan » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:33 pm

I once experienced this problem in that the total running time of each part exported as a .wav file was slightly different. I believe HP may apply different tempi to separate parts. In my case I solved it by using "fit to time:" Select Midi Tool/Edit Tempo. (Highlight the measure stacks that are to be timed. Select Midi Tool/Fit to Time and apply the time that the piece should run). This may not give you the result you want, but it's worth a try.
Finale 27, Windows 10, VST: Vienna Instruments/Ensemble/Synchron, Cubase, Kontakt 5

ChrisBandy
Finale Version: 26.2.2.493
Operating System: Mac

Post by ChrisBandy » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:45 pm

heinzfan wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:33 pm
I once experienced this problem in that the total running time of each part exported as a .wav file was slightly different. I believe HP may apply different tempi to separate parts. In my case I solved it by using "fit to time:" Select Midi Tool/Edit Tempo. (Highlight the measure stacks that are to be timed. Select Midi Tool/Fit to Time and apply the time that the piece should run). This may not give you the result you want, but it's worth a try.
Ok thank you I will try that next time.