HELP! Notes played way too short

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

ChrisBandy
Finale Version: 26.2.2.493
Operating System: Mac

Post by ChrisBandy » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:07 pm

Hello, I had a score sounding really good, but somehow I did something and now Finale (and/or NotePerformer) is playing every unslurred note way too short, almost staccato. Same for notes at the ends of slurs. I have a backup project where the playback is fine but I want to know how to fix the problem. I tried clearing MIDI data but that did nothing. HP is on Standard for both projects.

When I copy-pasted a bar from the backup into the current project, the unslurred notes were held longer, as they should be. Clearing MIDI data didn’t affect this. So my guess is that there's some sort of data embedded in the measures of the current project that's messing up the playback, but I can't get rid of it through clearing the MIDI.

Would someone be able to help with this? I have to present this project in only a few days. Thanks.

ChrisBandy
Finale Version: 26.2.2.493
Operating System: Mac

Post by ChrisBandy » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:11 pm

Ope, I figured it out immediately after posting. For anyone who's wondering, go to Edit > Clear Selected Items... and remove all the MIDI data that way. That puts the notes back to normal length. Unless I'm missing something, it's beyond stupid that "Clear All MIDI Data" using the MIDI tool doesn't Clear all MIDI data, but hey—at least there's a way to do it.