Arpeggiated Chord and Tremolo Not Working

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Ashkon
Finale Version: Version 26.3.0.512
Operating System: Windows

Post by Ashkon » Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:00 pm

Edit: I solved the arpeggaited chord and grace note problem by inserting a blank measure before the first measure. I'll just have to delete that measure before printing.

I just posted but I have some more questions that I couldn't answer myself so I might as well ask now.

So I'm writing a piece that starts with an arpeggiated chord. When playback starts the chord doesn't sound arpeggiated. A repeat sign brings us back to that chord and this time it IS arpeggiated. Is there any way to make it start arpeggiated or is this just a quirk of Finale?

Edit: Also noticed that if I start playback from a measure that starts with grace notes it plays those first grace notes and the note they're attached to all at once together, all mashed up.

Also, I have a tremolo on one note that was working fine but stopped working, the note now just plays as if without tremolo. I tried restarting finale and removing then reapplying the tremolo, neither worked.

Thanks in advance

Edit: I fixed the tremolo problem by just making a new file and copy/pasting all my work to that fresh one. So I guess I answered all my own questions hope this helps someone

Djard
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Windows

Post by Djard » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:01 pm

If employing a symbol for an arpeggiated chord at the start of a score, consider the option of writing the actual notes in an anacrusis.