NotePerformer Out of Tune When Opening File

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

ChrisBandy
Finale Version: 26.2.2.493
Operating System: Mac

Post by ChrisBandy » Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:35 pm

Whenever I close Finale and reopen any project, every NotePerformer instrument is out of tune (about a half-step sharp). I can fix it by changing the patch to Garritan and then back to NotePerformer, but (1) this is obviously a bug and needs to be fixed, and (2) this never happened with NotePerformer on my old computer (MacBook Pro 2012) but it happens every time on my new computer (MacBook Pro 2021). I did a fresh install of NotePerformer last night.

•It isn’t a project-specific problem. It happens on every project I've tested, even brand new ones.
•The problem doesn't happen with Garritan sounds.
•It happens with every NotePerformer instrument I've tested—piano, voice, strings.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

adrianquince
Finale Version: 27
Operating System: Mac

Post by adrianquince » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:01 am

I ran into the same issue. Looks like a bug.

Finale isn't correctly communicating the sample rate of the output audio device to NotePerformer. Finale is now defaulting to 48000hz and NotePerformer is defaulting to 44100hz. This is causing a pitch shift where A4 played by NotePerformer is ending up at 479hz instead of 440hz, which equates to about 150 cents.

Go to MIDI/Audio > Device Setup > Audio Setup. Change the Sample Rate of the Output Device to 44100hz. That should resolve it.