Playback view - how do I see certain sections

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

kjasp

Post by kjasp » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:56 am

When playing a score in Page view, Finale automatically scrolls to the top of the document, leaving the lower parts unseen (unless I zoom out and no longer see what I've written). For example, if I write for big band and play the arrangement back, I see the saxes and trumpets, not the rest. Let's say I mute the whole band except for the trombone section for playback, it would be practical to see the trombone notes only while playing back the score. But I haven't found a way to do this.

So my question is: is there a way to view/zoom in on only certain groups of a larger ensemble?

heinzfan
Finale Version: 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by heinzfan » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:38 pm

Perhaps I don't understand your question, but play back in scroll view instead of page view.
Finale 27, Windows 10, VST: Vienna Instruments/Ensemble/Synchron, Cubase, Kontakt 5

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.
Operating System: Mac

Post by michelp » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:41 pm

In Scroll view, you can create staff sets (View menu). 8 maximum.
If you write for big band or large ensembles in general, a large monitor is recommended, of course. Even pivot for very large ensembles.
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.4, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua