Hyperscribe/Playback Questions

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Raccoon1400
Finale Version: Finale 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by Raccoon1400 » Wed May 10, 2023 3:24 pm

I'm trying to write out some parts with hyperscribe using my EWI (electronic wind instrument).
I have a couple questions.

It keeps trying to play back using the hyperscribe velocity data I played it with the EWI, which is very quiet and erratic. I know to change it by selecting human playback style. Sometimes after a hyperscribe session playback has no sound and I have to change the human playback mode between none and standard a couple times.
I'm also trying to figure out if I can start playback partway into the sheet. I can do it by pressing space then clicking where I want to start, but then it always uses the hyperscribe data. If I want normal playback, I have to start at the top and keep skipping forward a bar at a time. There must be a better way, right?
I don't want the hyperscribe velocity data at all, I just want to use it to write the notes out. I don't need it to save any additional information other than what is written on the page.

I'm using the trial of the latest full version at the moment but might just buy the PrintMusic version if possible. As far as I know that has all I need. I used it over a decade ago and it was fine then. Hopefully I can even find that copy while going through some old boxes.
I don't need to write up any fancy arrangements, I'm just trying to write out a few relatively simple horn parts.

Raccoon1400

Post by Raccoon1400 » Thu May 11, 2023 6:00 am

Okay so "reassign playback sounds" fixes the playback when it breaks.

It would still be a massive help if anyone can tell me a better way to start playback partway through the page without using the hyperscribe data sounds.

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27

Post by motet » Thu May 11, 2023 3:24 pm

You can change the playback settings to start at "leftmost measure." You can also change them to not play "continuous data," what you're calling Hyperscribe data. You can remove such MIDI data entirely with Edit/Ckear selected items.

Raccoon1400

Post by Raccoon1400 » Sat May 13, 2023 6:19 am

Thanks, the option to clear the continuous data is helpful!

DigitalEscape
Finale Version: 2014
Operating System: Mac

Post by DigitalEscape » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:39 am

Under the Hyperscribe options, and then under Quantization options,
try unchecking
Retain Note Velocities

Your Ewi is connected as a Midi device correct?