Playback will not move after m91 Only IF I Use Human Playback!

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

BurtGoldstein
Finale Version: 27
Operating System: Mac

Post by BurtGoldstein » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:39 pm

Hi,

m91 is where my movement 2 was pasted in. If I do not use Human Playback, Playback works fine to play the entire file normally.

If I use ANY HP setting, I cannot play from 91 on. The counter stops. If I try from m92 ithe counter will not start.

Yes I checked the "end" in Playback! Remember it plays to the end of the piece if HP is not selected, but I checked anyway. Even tried changing from "End of Piece" to m 250.

At first I thought it was a NotePerformer problem which I was testing for the lst time. It sound great until movement 2! Then I uninstalled NP and cound the problem persisted. The NP tech tried it on his computer and said it was a Finale problem.

[Side note on XML: He 'fixed' it with an Exprto/Import XML. I have for pver 10 years documented the myriad ways such a move creatres errors and ommissions in a Finale file, expecially one that is near competion, with hidden staves, lots of dynamic and articulation markings and spaced just right on the page. I save my files as XML just in case of a future Armageddon where Finale no linger runs. But I will not use it for any professional work where I have an option not to.]

Anyone have ideas? Things I did not think to check?

heinzfan
Operating System: Windows

Post by heinzfan » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:10 pm

I don't have an answer, only suggestions as to what I would try.
I would make a copy of the file and reassign all sounds to Garritan (if that's possible, since you use Noteperformer and I don't know the program). If the file plays through m. 91 then I would suspect a Noteperformer cause, despite what their tech said.

Just as a diagnostic, and if you can't reassign sounds, using the repeat tool I would enter a "go to measure #" expression prior to m. 91 and jump to m. 92 or 93 to see if it continues to play past the problem point.

Assuming the same problem happens with Garritan, I would then insert two blank measures after m. 91, re-enter m 91's notation in the new m. 93, and then delete measure stacks 91 and 92.
Finale 27, Windows 10, VST: Vienna Instruments/Ensemble/Synchron, Cubase, Kontakt 5

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27
Operating System: Windows

Post by motet » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:39 pm

I'm guessing it's a fermata, tempo mark, etc., or combination thereof. If you attach your file, someone will probably figure out.

BurtGoldstein
Operating System: Mac

Post by BurtGoldstein » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:17 am

MOTET - You're right - it's the trill squiggle - bot only on three tracks! The same marking at the same beat on other tracks is fine! What is happening?