Kontakt 7 not loading in Finale (Mac)

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Anna_B
Finale Version: Finale 27
Operating System: Mac

Post by Anna_B » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:12 am

I just bought the Kontakt 7 full version, and it won't open in Finale. It just shows a black stripe. I can open Kontakt 5 Player, which only has two sound libraries installed, but I want to buy the Rinascimento library from Fluffy, which requires the full version of Kontakt, and my Kontakt 5 is just the player and not the full version.

I saw someone else posted they were having the same problem, and that they resolved it by restarting Finale and rebooting the computer. But I've tried restarting and rebooting numerous times, and I still have the same problem. I don't want to buy this new sound library if I can't use it in Finale, and I can't find these renaissance instruments such as lute, shawm, cornett etc. anywhere else. Please help!!

Bill Reed
Finale Version: 25.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by Bill Reed » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:46 pm

Kontakt 7 is only available in the newer plugin format (VST3), which is not yet supported by Finale (or Sibelius). It's unknown when or if Make Music will include this. I'm not a MAC person, so don't know if using an AU format will help.
Finale 25, Overture, Sibelius, Notion, Cubase, StaffPad
Win10 x64, 32GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
August Foster 190

Anna_B
Finale Version: Finale 27

Post by Anna_B » Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:12 am

There's another thread here where someone was able to get it to work on Mac. If anyone uses Mac and has been able to get it to work, please let me know how you did it!

GiovanniF
Finale Version: 27.4

Post by GiovanniF » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:30 pm

Same exact situation here. I can load it on MAC as the AU version works, however it opens as a too zoomed window that you can't modify, making it useless. It's so annoying. I'll write to support and let you know. Please write here if you find a way!

ArrangER
Finale Version: 27.4

Post by ArrangER » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:58 pm

Hello, my first post!
Had the same problem and solved with Kontakt 7.8
Someone solved going on Library and using the old window before opening finale with Kontakt as standalone, but wasn't working for me. Let me know if it's working!