Using finale with yamaha disklavier

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

wpbotz

Post by wpbotz » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:15 pm

Is it possible to use finale to play part of a score thru my midi out into a yamaha disklavier and the other parts via the synthsoft....in other words would it be possible to have the piano part of a score routed to my actual piano via midi and all the other instruments played via speaker using the synthsoft....I have tried to figure out how to do this and am not sure it is possible or am I missing something simple.....so far all I have been able to do is play either a piano part thru the midi and nothing else or the whole thing via synthsoft....any help would be appreciated.

Windows XP
Yamaha Disklavier piano
Soundblaster audigy

Thanks for any help in advance

JimMetz001
Finale Version: Finale 2014.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by JimMetz001 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:08 pm

I have exactly the same question as wpbotz. I currently use Finale 2014.5. In this version of Finale, it seems there are 2 choices for playback - either using VST or midi. If I select VST, the score plays back using a synthesizer. If I select midi,
I can get playback on my disklavier. Given a score e.g., jazz piano trio, is it possible to send the piano part
to the disklavier, and the drum and bass parts to midi? If so how? I note that Finale 26 seems to have some additional midi
channel/output assignment capabilities. I am not against upgrading to the latest version of Finale. However, I have no idea if this would solve my problem. Can someone with knowledge and experience please comment. Thank you.