Accents in Percussion midi?

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

rkdrummerkid

Post by rkdrummerkid » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:30 am

I write a lot of drumline music in my Finale Print Music 2008, and something has been bothering me about the midi. I'm not sure if anything can be done to change this, but is there any way to make the accents stand out a little more? Right now they just kinda blend into the rest of the notes, there's virtually no differentiation between the two. Anyone know anything?

Warren Barnett

Post by Warren Barnett » Wed May 05, 2010 9:20 pm

I know that percussion accents are much greater than most other instrumentation. I am not at all familiar with the limitations of Print Music, but in the full Finale, standard accents are 125% of the normal volume of the note, and loud accents are 140% of the volume. However, I find that normal percussion accents need to be at least 140% and loud accents between 165% and 175%. In the full Finale, if you double click on the handle for an accent, it allows you to change positioning, size, attack, velocity and duration of any articulation. Try double clicking the handle and see if you are allowed to change the velocity of the note.

Warren

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Wed May 05, 2010 10:54 pm

No, you would not be able to do that in PrintMusic. What you get is what you got!
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society