Save Composition with SmartMusic SoftSynth 1?

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Nickany

Post by Nickany » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:55 am

I really want to save my composition with the same playback midi I use. I write my music with SmartMusic SoftSynth 1. But when I save the file and listen to it with a music player (windows media player for example) it plays it with the normal horrible midi. How can I save my piece with the SoftSynth?

Please I need answers! :P

-Nickany

Warren Barnett

Post by Warren Barnett » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:09 am

How did you create the sound file? If you did a "Save as" and chose the .mid extension, then you will get your "normal horrible MIDI". What you need to do is "Export to Audio File", and save as an .MP3 or a .wav. Older versions require you to choose "Save Special" and then "Save as Audio File".

Warren

Nickany

Post by Nickany » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:25 am

Thank you so much! I've actually tried this but for some reason it won't complete. Here's a screen shot: http://grab.by/5gR1

It's right when it's about to finish it totally dies. :/

Warren Barnett

Post by Warren Barnett » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:34 am

You don't say which version you are using. I have seen this in a file that a buddy couldn't save as an mp3 in Finale 2010. I had to delete a staff or two and then it would save. I didn't investigate too much as to the source of the problem, I just copied it into Finale 2009 because I knew that it would work. I think that he had something "hinky" in the file. Experiment by eliminating staves and see what point it fails at. You may find a measure or staff with some sort of bad info in it.

Warren

Nickany

Post by Nickany » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:37 am

Oh sorry, I'm using Finale PrintMusic 2010

You may be right but wouldn't that affect the outcome of the song? I mean I don't wanna be missing my piano. :P Maybe I can delete some extra measures? When I added measures before I started I added 1,000 of em, lol. I'll try that.

EDIT: Duh duh duh it worked! Kudos to you thank you so much for your help!

Thumbs up sir!