Significant latency issues: all new equipment

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Merbert

Post by Merbert » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:54 am

I just had a loaded PCAudioLabs RokBox built and purchased an M-Audio Oxygen 88 to try to make my work a lot easier. The old computer/Edirol/M-Audio 66 setup had latency issues with Finale 2010b but I attributed this to old equipment.

Imagine my horror when, creating my first test score with the new setup, I found worse latency, sticking notes, and overall quantization nightmares. I am running Windows 7 64 Bit.

Unless this gets resolved, either I will be blowing through deadlines or being forced to use Simple Entry. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Warren Barnett

Post by Warren Barnett » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:45 am

Personally, i don't use the method, but sticking notes are an issue with some sound card combinations. It is a recognized bug and MakeMusic is working on it. Hopefully it will be resolved in the Finale 2012 release "sometime in the fall".

As far as latency is concerned, there is some sort of latency setting (like I said, I don't use that method, so you may need to search, or someone else may chime in) and apparently you can even change the latency setting to a negative number, which will often fix the issue. Not sure how large a negative number though. You might try searching the forum for "latency".
Warren Barnett

Finale 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
Garritan Personal Orchestra 4.01
Garritan Jazz & Big Band 3
Garritan Concert & Marching Band 2
Garritan World Instruments
Garritan Steinway Piano Basic Edition
Tapspace Virtual Drumline 2.52