Playback Controls not working

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

jerik70
Finale Version: Finale 2012

Post by jerik70 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:23 am

I'm having a problem with my playback controls. Whenever I playback a piece, I have to listen from the beginning every single time because fast-forwarding and rewinding do nothing, they just bring me back to the first measure. For instance, if I'm on measure 10 and I want to fast forward to measure 30, I'll hold down the fast forward button and I'll end up at the beginning every time. I can't find anybody online who's having the same problem and the user manual isn't helping either.

el-Odysseas
Finale Version: Finalle 26.2.2.494
Operating System: Windows

Post by el-Odysseas » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:57 am

Go to:
PLAYBACK CONTROLS and press the little "speaker"sign on the right.
IN the PLAYBACK SETTINGS press Always Start at: "CURRENT COUNTER SETTINGS"

That will do it!

Greetings,

Odysseas
el-Odysseas
Finalle 26.2.2.494
PC, Windows 10, 64 Bit
Yamaha MOX 8

crosmerj
Finale Version: 2012
Operating System: Mac

Post by crosmerj » Fri May 17, 2013 11:08 pm

Hi,

I am having the same issue. I would like to have the Playback start at the Leftmost measure visible on the screen; however, when this option is selected, the fast-forward and rewind buttons do nothing (they adjust the counter until you release them, and then just reset to the same bar).

It used to be possible on Finale 2008 and earlier to both Fast-forward AND use Leftmost measure for starting. Is there a way to do this with Finale 2012?

~Jeremy

ahfan
Finale Version: 2012
Operating System: Mac

Post by ahfan » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:17 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm having the same problem as well with Finale 2012.
My playback setting is Leftmost measure, fast forward/rewind and last/first measure jumps don't work.
Same thing if it's set to play at a predetermined measure.
However, if it's set to Current counter, only the fast forward button works. This wouldn't help much since I'll have to update the counter every single time I jump to check something.

Did anyone come up with a solution yet?

I upgraded to 2012 from 2007, so I've been discovering a lot of good changes.... among other glitches.

Would love to see a work around for this playback function, it's a big set back when I'm working with tight deadlines.

Thanks,

ahfan