Repeat issues...

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

DrumGod650

Post by DrumGod650 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:39 am

OK, so I have this short piece, and I have a repeat AAAAND an alternate ending...I want the piece to repeat 6 times before switching to the alternate ending...and by the way, the alternate ending is set up like a first and second ending, which is how I want it to sound...but the problem is, if I make it repeat 6 times, it will do the alternate ending right after the first one, and thats not what I want, but if I do the first and second ending, it wont repeat 6 times, can someone help me?

Peter S.
Finale Version: Finale 2009, 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by Peter S. » Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:27 am

You want the first ending five times and the second ending for the sixth time, right?
Easiest way is to use the plug-in "repetition with endings" (or so, I have a German version) in menu Plug-Ins/Repetitions...: select the measures from the beginning of the repetition to the end of the first ending, use the plug-in, set the two numbers to "6" and to the length of the first ending, OK. Then change to the repetition tool and enter the second ending bracket to the first measure after the first ending. This should work.
Peter

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:00 pm

DrumGod650,

Are you using Finale 2005?
In Finale 2005 the Repeat Tool has been improved a lot, and there are no repeat Plug-Ins.

Peter

DrumGod650

Post by DrumGod650 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:51 pm

yes I am, and I cant get it to do what I want...wats the deal??? I've used EVERY aspect of that repeat tool...lol...

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:40 am

Try this (Finale 2005):

1. Repeat Tool.
Select the measure(s) in the first ending (= the ending that you want played on passes 1-5).

2. Repeat menu > Create First and Second Ending
This gives you a first ending (played on pass 1) and a second ending (played on pass 2).

3. Context-click one of the handles on the second ending.
In the context menu, select Edit Ending...
In the text field [Ending Number(s):] change "2" to "6".
Click OK.

4. Context-click one of the handles on the first ending.
In the context menu, select Edit Ending...
In the text field [Ending Number(s):] change "1" to "1-5".
Click OK.

That should do it. At least it does for me.

Peter