tilting brackets

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

soundartist
Finale Version: 2010 for Mac

Post by soundartist » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:29 pm

Hi,
I've added a bracket but cannot tilt it. I see that it only appears horizontally but I want to tilt the bracket at about a 45 degree angle—is this possible to do? If it is not, is there a way to manually draw a bracket?

Thank you in advance,
Julian

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:52 pm

It depends. Are you talking about a line with hooks on each end? If you're using the full Finale, you can create that by using the custom line tool. You could also use the regular horizontal bracket, right-click on it, and uncheck "make horizontal".

If you want something like a Grand Staff bracket, I can't figure out any way to do that. You could create a graphic in another program, and rotate that. Then, paste it into Finale. (Don't despair, though. Just because I can't find a way doesn't mean it can't be done. Maybe Peter or someone else will have a method!)
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

soundartist

Post by soundartist » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:14 pm

Thank you very much for such a quick reply. I'll try what you suggested and will share results.

soundartist

Post by soundartist » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:17 pm

Your solution of right-clicking and unchecking "make horizontal" worked like a charm—thanks again for the quick solution!