Can't copy/paste anymore

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

josemiguel
Finale Version: 2011 mac
Operating System: Windows

Post by josemiguel » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:37 am

Ok so after spending about an hour searching online on how to use brushes for a drum kit, I finally got it. You have to select the garritan sound bank or whatever WHILE creating a new document in the setup wizard. Ok so I had to create a new document but the big problem is that I already had lots of things wrote down on this first document where I wanted to use the brushes. So I try to copy the notes from this document and paste in the new one, but nothing happens. It just stays blank. "Whatever, then I'll just work on the first document, the one that has the info in it but not the drum kit with brushes". Well but now I find out that I can't copy paste within the same document! PLEASE Finale people I already had a VERY hard time finding out how to do anything on the program, not just today, it has ALWAYS been like that, like this afternoon when I spent A LOT of time searching on how to use the brushes. But now I can't even copy and paste my work anywhere so please, please help me I am very busy right now and need help because I have work due on tuesday and I can't do anything if I can't copy/paste. I already tried closing and opening the program, but doesn't work. btw I am using MAC. Thank you very much for your time and help

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:51 am

Going beyond closing and opening the program, have you restarted the computer?
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

josemiguel

Post by josemiguel » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:07 pm

Doesn't work... Please tell me I messed up something in the options or something, because without this I'm screwed.

josemiguel

Post by josemiguel » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:23 pm

Finally got it! It was the damn filter. If 'Use filter' is selected when copying then we have the problem. But after deselecting the filter I was finally able to paste. BUT there's another problem now... I was trying to write something in a new document with the brush drum kit and it just collapses when I put a note. Now when I tried again, I put a note in the drum kit and a TERRIBLY LOUD NOISE just exploded in my ears and almost gave me a heart attack. Oh yeah and the program collapsed again.

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:34 pm

Contact tech support. That white noise has been a recurring problem for some users.

Remember that this is a user forum, not monitored by Finale.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

josemiguel

Post by josemiguel » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:58 am

It's ok though, just made a new file and it's working so far. Thanks very much, and thanks for creating this forums. It will save me a great deal of time in the future