Finale 2010—glitch with input of notes

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

soundartist
Finale Version: 2010 for Mac

Post by soundartist » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:19 pm

Hello,

Wondering if there's a fix for a constant glitch I'm having with Finale 2010: If I write a note (speedy entry, using MIDI keyboard) and I wish to change that note to a different one, the old note still remains written until I click outside of the measure where I made the correction—after clicking outside the box, the corrected note does appear. This problem also goes for making corrections or additions of text, tempo marks, dynamics. Any changes I make to the score I can see only after clicking outside of the measure where I made the changes. I never used to have this problem. Any suggestions? In general, does Finale 2014 resolve many of the glitches of former versions of Finale?
Thanks very much,
Julian

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:26 pm

Julian,
Since I use simple entry, and no MIDI keyboard, I can't speak to your problem.

But, why not download the free demo of Finale 2014, and see how it works for you?
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

soundartist
Finale Version: 2010 for Mac

Post by soundartist » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:12 pm

I didn't know that there was a free demo. Thank you for the suggestion, I'll try it. I hope that I won't have to resort to Finale 2014 because I've frankly been very happy with 2010, until these glitches started happening, virtually all at once. They're happening on both of my computers (iMac and macbook pro).
miker wrote:Julian,
Since I use simple entry, and no MIDI keyboard, I can't speak to your problem.

But, why not download the free demo of Finale 2014, and see how it works for you?

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:20 pm

Have you done the basic housecleaning: restarting the computer, trashing the pref files?
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society