2nd trumpet mysteriously retransposed

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

CantoPed
Finale Version: 27
Operating System: Mac

Post by CantoPed » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:23 am

Hi all, I'm using Finale 2012 on an ASUS laptop, Windows 7. I'm writing a big band chart, just about to print all the parts. There are 4 trumpets, each in Bb transposition... except the 2nd. For whatever reason. the 2nd trumpet has the key signature in D major, whereas the piece is in C minor. The ScoreManager says that it's in Bb, just like all the other trumpets.
Any ideas?

CantoPed

Post by CantoPed » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:31 am

Edit: I just tried restarting my computer and replugging the USB key I'm working off. Didn't work.
Also, I tried to make it a C instrument just to see what it would happen. It is now a FOURTH lower than it should be. WTF??????

I think the transposition's going haywire on me.

CantoPed

Post by CantoPed » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:15 am

Ok, I've figured it out now. When I give it a G transposition in the ScoreManager, I get the part exactly as I wanted it. But why is it doing this on an instrument that's supposed to be in Bb?

- SK

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4

Post by Peter Thomsen » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:20 am

CantoPed wrote:…When I give it a G transposition in the ScoreManager, I get the part exactly as I wanted it. But why is it doing this on an instrument that's supposed to be in Bb?…
If you attach a sample document here, we might be able to find out why it is doing this.

Before you can attach a .mus document in this forum, you must compress it, e. g. as a .zip file.
And the file size must not be more than max. 100 KB.
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996