I am through with Finale

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

ELBSeattle
Finale Version: Finale 25; 14
Operating System: Mac

Post by ELBSeattle » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:45 pm

I have had it. I have been trying to work around the incredibly, astonishingly buggy Finale 2014 for months. It crashes every half hour. It does not save work, even though I have 'auto-save every 1 minute' selected in the preferences. It will not allow me to work with arrow keys. It grabs random music from random measures and deletes it, only to make it reappear in a completely different part of the score. Notes appear on blank measures before I even write anything. I just lost 4 hours of work because the stupid program crashed. Even though I had 'auto save' on, and even though I was saving every second I remembered to it did not save a damned thing. This is the worst, the absolute worst application I have ever tried to use.

I had brought these issues to the attention of technical support. The guy I spoke with had no idea how to fix it, so he had me reinstall. Which I did. And it did nothing.

In the follow-up email they asked if my issue was resolved. I replied, 'No, it is still doing exactly the same thing.' No response at all for over two weeks. I just replied again to the message I had been sent only to receive the message, 'You are not recognized in our system.'

So yeah: goodbye forever, Finale. I have struggled with you for over 14 years. I am FINISHED. Tomorrow I start learning Sibelius.

douweziel
Finale Version: Finale 2014
Operating System: Windows

Post by douweziel » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:54 pm

okay
There are a lot of signatures I could use here. I choose to use none.