Adding extra instrument in middle of score. Finale 2014-MAC

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

soundartist
Finale Version: 2010 for Mac

Post by soundartist » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:28 pm

Hi,

Two questions:

1. I'm trying to add an extra violin section in the middle of my score. I selected the bar where I wanted to add the extra section and then went into Score Manager and added it. Problem is that Score Manager added the section at the beginning of the piece, not in the middle where I indicated with the select tool. Any way to do this?

2. After adding the extra section, I would like for all the instrument names to appear in full, not abbreviated, in the middle of the score, just so that re-organization is clear, and then afterwards to return to abbreviated form as usual. Any way to do this?

As usual, thank you in advance.

[Using Finale 2014 for the Mac]

soundartist
Finale Version: 2010 for Mac

Post by soundartist » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:08 pm

I'm editing my question since I just figured how to add instrument mid-score. I just added the instrument at the beginning of the piece and then selected "Hide Empty Staves" until the point where I needed to add instrument.
Now my question is: How do I make the instrument list appear in their full names, not abbreviated, only in this section where the new instrument appears, and then revert back to abbreviated names?