Unable to set any time signature 2012c

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

ahfan
Finale Version: 2012
Operating System: Mac

Post by ahfan » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:32 am

Hi everyone,

I think I could have created a new bug in my 2012c.
Background: Running on Win 7 64bits, 3.2Ghz, 6G Ram. Have been using this program for a while since I bought it last year, this problem just started after a few crashes tonight.

Problem: When starting a new document, after setting all the fields, the new score loads up... I wanted to set 12/8 time, but it kept setting at 4/4 time. I tried changing the time signature using the Time Signature Tool after creating the document, but it doesn't do anything. The only time I can change the time signature using the tool is after inputting a few notes and the tool can only change 1 measure at a time regardless of what options I choose.

Did any one encounter the same problem? I'm having a hard time getting it work again, and I have to get parts ready for a gig tomorrow!
Please help!!

Thank you in advance! =)

Fanny

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4

Post by miker » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:48 am

The only thing I can suggest is to find the finale.ini file, and drag it out of whatever folder it's in, onto the desktop. When you start Finale, it will generate a new, clean ini.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

ahfan
Finale Version: 2012

Post by ahfan » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:01 am

miker wrote:The only thing I can suggest is to find the finale.ini file, and drag it out of whatever folder it's in, onto the desktop. When you start Finale, it will generate a new, clean ini.
Thank you, Miker! It's fixed!!
You're a lifesaver! :D