Print 2-UP on 11x17 Paper

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Richard Bartkus
Finale Version: 2011
Operating System: Mac

Post by Richard Bartkus » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:45 pm

I have just recently purchased a wide format printer and I am having a problem with getting Finale to output full size when printing 2-up on the 11x17 paper. When printed 2-up, the music page is about 3/4 the size of the single page version.

I have tried using fit to page under the Finale' 2011 and and paper handling (Mac version) and I made certain that "Scale Down Only" is NOT checked.

In order to determine if it is the printer or Finale' I saved it once as a PDF and the PDF was exactly as the print version.

With the plethora of settings in Finale' I am certain that I am missing something.

Does any one on this forum have a clue as to what I am doing wrong and how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Richard Bartkus

Post by Richard Bartkus » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:44 pm

OK, just experimenting, since it posts full (Correct) size to 1-up, I printed a part, put bot pages on the scan bed and performed a copy and it came out correctly.

As a work around I may try sending single sheets to PDFs and then print them from PREVIEW or ADOBE and see if that works.

Richard Bartkus

Post by Richard Bartkus » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:53 pm

Never mind the previous posts.... I just realized that Finale' merely sends the file toa Mac OS X printing utility and there in lies the problem, not in Finale'........

So again, In the words of that great thinker Emily Latilla, "Never Mind"

LOL